Connecting financial services to key shifts in consumer trends and behavior
My job at Featurespace allows me to do a variety of things. I focus mainly on improving messaging, but also have the opportunity to improve internal processes, create sales enablement tools and improve the payments ecosystem from the ground up. I believe work ethic is a talent, and that there is a way to work smart as well as hard. Passion, purpose, intensity and impatience and also being incredibly resourceful are all characteristics that have enabled me to achieve success wherever I am.
I'm proud to work at a female-led tech company that helps fight fraud using real-time machine learning and AI. We are disrupting the industry and partnering with companies who share our desire to do things differently.
I'm a New York Yankees fan but I've played competitive football my entire life. I grew up in Cambridge, graduated in Philosophy, Politics and Economics at St Peter's College, Oxford University and also have an impressive collection of Nike sneakers. My personal motto is “Good Enough” Isn’t Good Enough.
I maintain a Product Marketing Wiki at wiki.kristiancarter.com
- Product Marketing Strategy
- Messaging and Positioning
- Process Improvements
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining
- Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Growing Start-Up Organizations
- Lead Acquisitions and Nurturing
I also enjoy travelling and eating my way around the world, trading cryptocurrencies and talking about the future of payments, so if you ever want to bounce ideas off me, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Marketing Specialist - Featurespace
Senior Product Marketing Manager - MidVision
- Repositioned MidVision to take advantage of the new trend for ’DevOps’ through enhanced and customer-focused messaging.
- Conducted consumer research, analyzed data, and developed strategic and tactical recommendations which increased leads through downloaded software by 35%.
- Through customer conversations identified that a large number of our customers wanted to be able to host instances of IBM WebSphere in the cloud to leverage reduced cost and increased scalability.
- As a result of this, spearheaded a major pricing restructure by redirecting focus on consumer willingness to pay instead of product cost; implemented a pay-as-you-use model which increased average sale 35% and margin 12%.
- Decreased uninstallation rate by 40% by introducing an interactive tutorial at application launch.
- Organised and advertised quarterly networking events with 500+ participants.
Senior Product Marketing Manager - Adbrain
- Working with an innovative adtech startup to focus existing technically-focused messaging on customer needs and position company for exit.
- Managed a cross-functional team of 10 in 3 locations (London, New York and Seattle), ranging from entry-level to Ph.D.s, and closely collaborated with product, sales and commercial teams.
- Led full redesign of website with findings from customer segmentation and competitive research, increasing website leads by 200%.
- Created framework for the Adbrain’s PR campaign which yielded coverage by: AdExchanger, The Drum, ExchangeWire, MarTech Today, MediaPost and other major publications.
- Analyzed data from 25000 interactions with app and used outputs to guide marketing and product strategies; increased average usage by 4x, 30 % decrease in drop off rate.
Product Marketing Manager - Automic
- Working with a ˜$250MM business automation company to develop a sales and marketing playbook.
- Performed competitive analysis to refine pricing structure and bundling of services. The research uncovered the firm’s opportunity within the high-growth application release automation market, with particular opportunities around Gaming companies.
- This research was pivotal in the landmark win of Bet365 and the win of King.com, developers of Candy Crush.
- Led cross-functional team to develop ONE Automation messaging to support a more business-line centric sales strategy, resulting in increase in brand awareness.
- Consolidated rebrand from UC4 Technologies by developing over 40 White Papers, data sheets and blog posts.
- Built out Automic’s market position in the high-growth application release automation market, culminating in landmark customer wins and recognition by leading industry analysts.
Social Media & Marketing Coordinator - Claremont Communications
- Responsibility for campaign development, research, client service, strategy and evaluation/KPIs across award winning campaigns.
- Delivered dramatic increases in awareness of apprenticeships in England. Finalist for most effective campaign across Europe, Middle East & Africa in SABRE Awards (2014), winner of best use of social media in the public sector (UK Social Media Awards, 2015)
- Tomorrow’s Engineers Week: Drove significant increase in number of young people considering a career in engineering. Winner of the public sector / value for money, award at the PRCA Awards (2014).
- Brathay Apprentice Challenge: Communications-led competition delivered £6m+ return to the UK economy in 3 years. Finalist in Public Sector Communications Awards and Public Sector Value for Money Award (2015).
- Other clients include Department for Education, Cabinet Office, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Marketing Manager - Tag International Development
- Tag is a global humanitarian organisation working on the ground across nine countries introducing innovative solutions to local problems.
- Working with organisations including Muhammadiyah (the world’s largest Muslim humanitarian organisation), The Georgia Red Cross, Magen David Adom (Israel’s National Emergency service), Yakkum (Indonesia’s largest Christian welfare organisation) and the International Red Cross to plan and execute digital campaigns.
- Built company website using WordPress (PHP/HTML/CSS codebase) and scaled to over 2,000 views/month from standing start.
- Produced proposal to secure $20k in-kind donation of mobile handsets from Google to deploy on the ground in Northern Sri Lanka.
PR/Product Marketing Specialist - IF Communications
- Produced editorial content for startups through to global public companies in banking and finance, consumer technology, mobile and telecom and media and marketing.
- Worked with several accounts across the venture, start-up, tech, mobile and digital space including Silicon Valley Bank, Octopus, Wellington Partners, GP Bullhound, Intel Capital, Astia, Associated Northcliffe Digital (part of DMGT), Fjord, Golden Gekko, Seatwave, Flirtomatic, Frooly, and Veebeam.
- Achieved #1 Most Read article on businessweek.com for two days running for co-written article on prospects for a Facebook Phone for Fjord.